- In-Home Care Services
- Care Coordination
- Hospital to Home Transitions
- Dementia & Alzheimer's Care
- Family Relief/Respite Care
- Private Duty & Skilled Nursing
- Palliative Care Services
- Veterans Care
- End of Life Care
- Transport, Shopping and Social Outings
- Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction
- The Family Room Portal
- Technology Solutions
- Lyft Transportation Services
- Products for Independent Living
- Health, Wellness & Safety Monitoring
Private Duty and Skilled Nursing
Serving Johns Creek, North Fulton County and Gwinnett County
We provide the next level of care for your loved at home and reduce your daily worry.
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers® can help. Our specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.